Are you experiencing pain and not sure what to expect from a chiropractor or physiotherapist? Read about what you should expect from first contact to treatment at Fort Healthcare.
We are contactable through email, phone, or in person at any of our clinics. We will help organise a time convenient for you to come in for your first session. If you are unsure about what treatment is suitable for you, please contact us and one of our staff members will provide consultation.
- Be sure to bring items relevant to your first visit such as X-Ray, CT and MRI scans or items such as braces, support, orthotics etc.
- Once the session has started, the therapist will conduct a thorough history and examination. We will explain your condition and the treatment options.
- During this time, you and the therapist will set goals which you will both strive to achieve together.
- Treatment is normally performed on this first visit unless treatment is deemed unnecessary or contraindicated.
- If necessary, the therapist will book you in for a follow up appointment.
After the first treatment, the therapist will conduct a second assessment to evaluate the effectiveness of the treatment. You are also encouraged to raise any questions or concerns that you may have. During the second visit, the therapist will be able to advise how frequent and how many sessions are required for treatment. As you begin to feel short term relief, the therapist will continue to focus on achieving long term health goals that you will both set together.