A podiatrist is a health professional who deals with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of medical and surgical conditions of the feet and lower limbs. Feet are complex anatomical structures, all-in-one stabilizers, shock absorbers, and propulsion engines that are instrumental to overall health and well-being.
A podiatrist can assist with the management of:
- Acute and chronic nail conditions
- Treatment and prevention of corns, calluses and warts
- Complications associated with systemic conditions such as diabetes, arthritis
- Feet injuries and pain
- Reducing biomechnical stress and the chance of sports injury
- Correcting abnormal children’s’ development